Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Million $ Challenge --IMPORTANT

I'm on a mission. Between June 1st and the end of November my goal is to help 125 first time homebuyers get into their own home to take advantage of the $8000 first time buyer tax credit. Why 125 people? Well, if I reach my goal I will have helped to pump one million dollars back into the local economy at the consumer level. (8000X125=1,000,000). Given the current state of our economy I think that if I have the chance to make a difference not just in the lives of the people buying homes but also in the economy at large I need to take up this challenge.

Not only is this a great idea for the economy it's just a great time to buy a home. Rates are down, prices are down and bottoming, sellers are motivated to offer incentives and you get $8000 for buying from the federal government.

This is not an easy task and not one that I can do all on my own. If you know someone who should be buying a home contact me at the office at 541-342-2535 or email me at jeff@evergreenpacificmtg.com. If you're a real estate broker I am looking for 5 brokers to take up the challenge of selling 25 homes between now and the end of November. If you believe you can do it give me a call.

Finally, remember that this credit only lasts till November 30th and it takes time to find a home, negotiate, get a loan and get the home closed. Also, with so many of the listings in short sale this time can be extended by 2 to 4 months. Now is the time to get going.

No comments: